Recently when trying to access my development site running Zimbra (formerly Telligent) Community 7.6 I received the following exception:
"Unable to obtain the distributed lock 'PluginManager-InstallUninstallPlugins' during an install. Plugins were unable to be installed and has left the application in an incomplete state."
I tried the usual tricks (rebuilding the solution, restarting IIS etc.) but nothing seemed to work, and Google didn't throw up any results.
I found the "te_distributed_leases_remove" stored procedure, as this was a development database I gave it a go, and this seemed to fix the problem! I haven't seen any knock on effects from this, but would be cautious about running this in a production environment without knowing more!
This error should fix itself within 30secs if I remember correctly. If it doesn't, this typically means somewhere in your environment you've got something going into an infinite plugin reload loop - most likely the job server due to missing or different dll versions. Also make sure you're running the latest hot fix as some issues were fixed around this.
Thanks Alex! That makes sense, this was on a development environment so very possible one of us had managed to mess up something somewhere!
I just ran into this today while upgrading our staging environment. Thanks to you and Alex for the explanation. You saved me some trouble! [:)]